Intuit is an American business and financial software company that creates and sells accounting, financial, and tax preparation software in addition to related services for accountants, businesses, and individuals. Intuit was founded in Palo Alto in 1983, and for over 30 years, they have led the pack in being a creative and bold company with fresh ideas that have turned into products that has improved the lives of millions. They now have offices around the world, including San Diego.
At Intuit, the health and well-being of all employees is a top priority. That’s why they offer best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSAs, onsite gyms, and fitness incentives. Their Well-being for Life Program also reimburses employees up to $1,000 for expenses related to physical, emotional, and financial health. Intuit is proud to be considered one of the Top 100 U.S. Companies Supporting Healthy Communities and Families.
Intuit offers its employees the following types of Child Care assistance:
Dependent Care FSA
Like most large organizations, Intuit offers a dependent care Flexible Spending Account that allows employees to pay daycare expenses for a child with pre-tax money. This is intended to help employees handle work-related dependent care costs.
Backup Child Care Services
Whether employees are experiencing a breakdown in their regular Child Care, looking for an after-school sitter, have adult/elder care needs or just need someone to walk the dog, Bright Horizon offers two options:
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Care for short-term or last-minute needs—Full-service, subsidized back-up care that employees can rely on for temporary Child Care, adult care, and elder care when they need to be at work.
- Bright Horizons Additional Family Supports for long-term or ongoing needs. Resources and discounts to support the whole family, including nannies, sitters for evening elder care resources, planning and referrals; pet sitters; housekeepers, and homework help. Discounts and preferred enrollment access for regular, center-based Child Care are also available.
This program is available to all regular full-time and part-time employees working 20 hours or more a week.
Long-Term or Ongoing Child Care Needs
Bright Horizons Additional Family Supports is for employees personal, anytime needs. This program easily connects them with options for more regular and long-term care needs—as well as care for evenings, weekends, and even pets. Employees can make the arrangements directly with their providers and pay the provider.
Through Bright Horizons employees are provided with additional family support, including:
- Babysitting, nannies, and housekeepers: Free Sittercity account that gives them access to a comprehensive database of in-home care and services. They can post an ad for a position, search candidates, and perform free basic background checks.
- Center-based Child Care: Special VIP discounts are available when employees choose a Bright Horizons Child Care center for their child’s regular ongoing care. They receive a preferred enrollment and a registration fee credit. At other select partner centers, employees are offered tuition discounts and won’t have to pay registration fees for their toddler or preschooler.
- Eldercare: Intuit provides guidance in helping their employees find the right ongoing elder care solution for their needs.
- Certified senior care advisers (Master’ s-level field experts) who provide unlimited, one-on-one planning services
- Tutoring, test prep, and homework help: Access to high-quality tutoring and test prep services (online or in-person) to help children of employees in grades K-12 succeed.
Family Support Time
Intuit knows that having a child with a long-term illness can add extra stress to a family’s life, and they want to be able to help in any way they can. They offer four weeks of family support for their employees to be able to provide care and support for a family member that has a chronic condition, in addition to making arrangements for longer-term care and care coordination for their loved one.
Official Site (url)