Grossmont College Child Care Assistance

Grossmont College is a public community college in El Cajon, a community bordered by the cities of San Diego and Santee.

The college is home to Grossmont Middle College High School, where selected high school students can receive college credits for taking courses on campus. Over 18,000 earn their education at Grossmont College, which is part of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District and the California Community Colleges System.

Students interested in Child Development can earn certificates and associate degrees, including Associate Teacher (Certificate of Proficiency), Child Development Master Teacher, and Child Development Site Supervisor.

Grossmont College currently offers campus-based Child Care services to full-time students and staff at the Grossmont Child Development Center. The center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and a model training site for the California Department of Education Program for Infant Toddler Caregivers.

For full-time students, teachers, and employees

The Grossmont Child Development center offers on-campus child care and pre-school services for children starting at six months old until the time they are age-eligible for Kindergarten. To receive childcare services at the Grossmont Child Development Center, students must be enrolled in at least six units a semester, among other criteria. Hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:45 am – 4 pm and Friday, 7:45 am – 12:30 pm. Summer Child Care is offered to eligible families Monday – Thursday, 7:45 am – 4 pm.

Child Care Assistance for Full-time Students

There may be care available during the open hours of the center for students who are enrolled in the evening, Saturday, or online classes. Students of Grossmont College who meet all EOPS requirements may qualify for educational grant money for on-campus Child Care through the Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), administered by the State of California to assist single parents attending college. To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years of age, single, the head of household, and a current recipient of TANF/CalWORKs for yourself and/or your children.

Child Care Assistance for Teachers and Employees

Through a partner Grossmont College provides employees an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers confidential services for both the employee and his or her family members. Among those services are unlimited referrals for Child Care services.

Additional Resources

Grossmont College Child Development (Course Link)

Grossmont College Child Development Center (Center Link)

Contact Maura Mehrian at (6190 644-7716 or for waiting pool and enrollment information.

Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)

EOPS/Care Office – (619) 644-7698

Childcare and Development Planning Council (CDPC)

Employee Assistance Program