COVID-19 ECE Scholarship Grant Program
TOOTRiS provides a limited number of awards in the amount of $1,500 to assist essential workers with the cost of childcare during the COVID-19 crisis.
Essential workers with childcare responsibilities for a child in the infant through pre-school age range may apply. Children granted ECE scholarship must be enrolled in a TOOTRiS verified program. Proof of dependency relationship will be required. Applicant must have an online profile in TOOTRiS.com to receive benefit. There is no cost to create a profile or to apply for the ECE scholarship grant. Applicant may call (858) 486-6874 for assistance.
Applications can be submitted via email through June 30th and must be received by 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
Applications must be completed and submitted via email and sent to COV19@tootris.com. A complete application should include:
- Letter describing the applicant’s need for Child Care funding, number of children under care in need of grant, total weekly cost of intended Child Care, total amount requested and total amount in their budget to pay. Please note that description of need must demonstrate a strong justification for how receipt of funds will allow essential worker to continue to operate.
- Letter must include type of occupation (essential workers only may apply)
- Letter must be limited to 1-page in length.
- Applicant must be a San Diego County resident and provide proof. (e.g. copy of utility bill)
- Copy of proof of the dependency relationship (e.g. birth certificate).
- Name of childcare facility or FCC program and state license number if known. Otherwise TOOTRiS may assist applicant in locating and vetting a TOOTRiS verified quality licensed child care provider.
- Proof of child’s enrollment in that facility, if available.
TOOTRiS will review applications and approve or deny grant at its sole discretion and based on available funds. Applicants will receive an approval or denial letter via email within 48 hours of submittal.
Upon approval of scholarship grant, TOOTRiS will issue letter of guaranteed payment to provider and issue payment to Child Care provider directly for the total amount corresponding to the weekly child enrollment fees. Applicant will be responsible to make payment to TOOTRiS for any portion of weekly child care costs not covered by TOOTRiS on a timely basis. If any amount agreed to and collect from the applicant, the portion of payment corresponding to their agreed amount. This payment schedule will continue through June 30th or through the disbursement of the total grant amount approved.
If applicant does not meet their portion of the payment on a timely matter, TOOTRiS will immediately issue notice of discontinuance of any further grant payments to provider on behalf of applicant.